1835 to 1842... 1st "CATHOLIC CEMETERY" near 23rd & Calumet, Chicago, Cook, Illinois, US


HomeHome    SearchSearch    PrintPrint    Login - User: anonymousLogin    Add BookmarkAdd Bookmark

Tree:  

Notes: The 1st Catholic Cemetery in Chicago, "Catholic Cemetery'" was opened in 1835 along Lake Michigan. It abutted 26th St on the north and Schiller St on the south. The City population at this time being about 4,000. Interments proceeded from 1835 to 1842. In 1847 the bodies were moved to the Lincoln-park tract known as the Chicago Cemetery which contained 3,136 burial lots. In 1859 the Catholic bodies of Chicago Cemetery were moved to Calvary Cemetery in Evanston, IL.

Latitude: , Longitude: 23rd & Calumet




This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ©, created by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2005.